The mission of the Lake County Vector Control District is to provide the citizens of Lake County with the highest practical level of protection from vectors and vector-borne diseases.
In achieving this mission, the Lake County Vector Control District shall:
- Be proactive in response to current and future vector threats;
- Respond effectively and courteously to the needs of the public;
- Inform and educate the public about the shared responsibility of vector control;
- Apply scientific principles to monitor, evaluate, and improve the District’s ability to fulfill its mission;
- Utilize the most effective and safest methods available for the control of vectors;
- Provide vector control services in the most cost-effective manner.